Here at Ascension, teens are confirmed in October of their 10th grade year, and formation begins in the fall of their 9th grade year.
For the 2023 Confirmation Class (current 9th graders)
Confirmation Mass with Bishop Noonan is scheduled for October 22, 2023 at 5:30 PM at Ascension. Below are the Confirmation requirements.
- Mass– All Confirmandi should be attending Mass each Sunday.
- Confirmation prep Sessions– (There are 6 total sessions and are for teens only) The Confirmation small group leaders will coordinate with the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the teens in their specific group to see when and where the entire group will meet for each session.
- Life Teen– All those in Confirmation are expected to be regularly involved with Life Teen, our high school youth group.
- Retreat– Each teen will attend at least one retreat with us. Our Fall Retreat (Nov. 12 & 13), Spring Retreat (date TBD), Camp Covecrest (June 12-17), or the Steubenville, Orlando Conference (July 14-16).
- Theology of the Body– Each teen should attend our Theology of the Body presentation with his or her parent(s)/guardian(s), presented by international speaker, Mari Pablo, on Sunday, February 26th from 7-8:15 PM in the church. See info here.
- Rehearsal– For all teens and sponsors (if the sponsor is not able to attend, please have one parent/guardian attend). Wednesday, October 18th, 2022 7-8 PM in the church.
- Sponsor– Each teen should pick a sponsor (should not be his/her parent). The sponsor must be a practicing baptized Catholic in good standing with the Church, must be at least 16 years of age, and must have received the Sacrament of First Eucharist and Confirmation. All sponsors need to fill out this sponsor form and return it to the Ascension parish front office. All sponsors that are parishioners at Ascension may fill out the form and drop it off at the front office and Fr. John will sign it and give it to me. Sponsor forms can be found here.
- Saint Name– Each teen should choose a specific Saint name to be Confirmed under. This should be a Saint who models for us what it truly means to believe and pursue holiness. All teens must email Cara (email@example.com) the name of their Saint and why they chose that specific Saint with a two-paragraph explanation.