Here at Ascension, teens are confirmed in October of their 10th grade year, and formation begins in the fall of their 9th grade year.
For the 2022 Confirmation Class (current 9th graders)
Confirmation Mass with Bishop Noonan is scheduled for October 23, 2022 at 5:30 PM at Ascension. Below are the Confirmation requirements.
- Mass– All Confirmandi should be attending Mass each Sunday. If you are unable to attend Mass in person due to Covid, please make sure you are participating in the Mass virtually.
- Intro Meeting– All parents/guardians and teens should plan on attending our introductory meeting with Fr. John on September 21, 2021 6-7PM in the church.
- Confirmation prep Sessions– (There are 5 total sessions, all on Sundays, and for teens only) Session 1: October 10th, Session 2: November 7th, Session 3: February 6th, Session 4: March 6th. Session 5 will be in the Fall of their 10th grade year. All are from 4-7PM and include 5:30PM Mass.
- Life Teen– We want to encourage all those in Confirmation to be regularly involved with Life Teen, our high school youth group.
- Retreat– Each teen in Confirmation will attend one retreat with us. The retreat options are: 1. Fall Retreat November 13th, noon-9PM, location TBA. 2. Spring Retreat TBA. 3. Steubenville, Orlando Youth Conference, July 8-10th. 4. Life Teen Camp Covecrest summer 2022.
- Rehearsal– For all teens and sponsor (if sponsor is not able to attend, please have one parent/guardian attend). Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 7-8PM in the church.
- Sponsor– Each teen should pick a sponsor (should not be his/her parent). The sponsor must be a practicing baptized Catholic in good standing with the Church, must be at least 16 years of age and must have received the Sacrament of First Eucharist and Confirmation. All sponsors need to fill out this sponsor form and return it to the Ascension parish front office. All sponsors that are parishioners at Ascension may fill out the form and drop it off at the front office and Fr. John will sign it and give it to me. Sponsor forms can be found here.
- Saint Name– Each teen should choose a specific Saint name to be Confirmed under. This should be a Saint who models for us what it truly means to be live and pursue holiness. All teens must email Cara (firstname.lastname@example.org) the name of your Saint and why you chose that specific Saint with a two paragraph explanation.
Please note there is a $20 Confirmation fee. All checks can be made payable to Ascension Catholic Church.